The role of the governing body is to set the ethos of the school, hold the head teacher to account and be accountable for the financial wellbeing of the school.
Governors are selected and appointed by the trustees, with parent governors being elected by parents of children at the school. Although they are there to represent parents’ views, they are not delegates and other parents cannot tell them how to vote or what they should say at governing body meetings.
The full governing body meets once per term, with smaller committee meetings taking place at designated times throughout the year.
The duties of the governing body include:
- Setting the strategic direction, policies and objective
- Approving the annual budget
- Reviewing and monitoring progress against the Academy budget and objectives
- Monitoring and evaluating academic progress of the pupils
- Challenging and supporting the Head Teacher
If you would like to get in touch with our governors please email us on email@example.com